Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
Expedition and Wilderness Medicine
Current Council Members
- Chair, Travis Heggie, United States of America
- Chair Elect, Andrea Rossanese, Italy
- Jim Bond, United Kingdom
- Christopher Tonozzi, United States of America
- Jenny Visser, New Zealand
- Max Winkler, South Africa
We are delighted to welcome you to the home page of the newly formed ISTM Expedition and Wilderness Medicine Group.
The world is becoming more globally mobile with increasing numbers of travellers participating in expedition, wilderness and extreme activities and events nationally and internationally.
Top of page
- Provide a professional forum for ISTM Members interested in expedition and wilderness medicine
- Develop programs and sessions to educate travel medicine practitioners on specific issues regarding expedition and wilderness medicine
- Foster the development of recommendations on expedition and wilderness medicine within travel medicine
- Develop and maintain an international body of knowledge in expedition and wilderness medicine
- Promote the importance of travel-related issues for those working in expedition and wilderness medicine
- Advance the science of expedition and wilderness medicine
- Review and maintain the legal parameters within which expedition and wilderness medicine is practiced
If you are interested in joining this group and helping develop the outlined objectives, please login and join.