Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
How to Become a GeoSentinel Affiliate Member
ISTM members who would like to be involved in GeoSentinel® and are willing to provide information about unusual diagnoses can become GeoSentinel® Affiliate Members:
- GeoSentinel® Affiliate Member designation. Recognition by others as a member of a worldwide network belonging to the ISTM in partnership with the CDC.
- For GeoSentinel® Affiliate Members in Canada or Europe, membership in the GeoSentinel® Subnetworks - CanTravNet and EuroTravNet, respectively - is automatically included in GeoSentinel® Affiliate Membership.
- Accelerated acquisition of Alerts & Advisories on breaking events from GeoSentinel® in advance of notification of the general ISTM membership.
- Members-only section of the GeoSentinel® Website which will include:
- Interesting observations from other Affiliate Members.
- Regular Network Reports on collated findings and comparison of Affiliate Member event reports with the main GeoSentinel® database.
- Results of periodic outbreak queries
GeoSentinel® links ISTM members to together to facilitate rapid and global public health responses in the event of possible or established international outbreaks. Time input by individual GeoSentinel® Affiliate Members is minimal but collective output and benefit are potentially great.
- Send an informal e-mail to GeoSentinel® upon encountering patients with any of the GeoSentinel® alarming diagnoses.
- Send an informal e-mail for any unusual clinical event at the Affiliate Member’s discretion.
- Respond to brief (no more than 3 minutes) periodic e-mail queries regarding potential outbreaks or trends in travel-related infections.
GeoSentinel® Affiliate Members are requested to contact GeoSentinel® for any Alarming Diagnosis. In addition to the listed specific diagnoses, GeoSentinel® is interested in hearing of anything that a Network Member thinks is unusual or worthy of comparing notes with the experience of other Affiliate Members.
Eligibility Criteria of cases to report:
Illness related to crossing an international border in any traveler or migrant.
How to Contact GeoSentinel®:
The GeoSentinel® Program Administration can be contacted at any time by email to GeoSentinel@ISTM.org.