Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
Volunteer Groups and Committees
ISTM offers three types of volunteer activities for Members to become active within the organisation, network with their colleagues and contribute to the field.
ISTM Committees support ISTM activities and projects. They are chartered and tasked by the Executive Board following established guidelines. Current ISTM Committees include:
- The Continuing Professional Development Committee develops and implements the ISTM Continuing Professional Development Program
- The Digital Communications Committee promotes the use of technology and digital communications for Society programs and projects
- The Examination Committee which designs and administers the ISTM Certificate of KnowledgeTM program
- The Liaison Committee, established to coordinate the relations of ISTM with other related organisations
- The Professional Education Committee produces educational programs and materials, including the ISTM Educational Patient Cases and more
- The Publications Committee which is responsible for the Journal of Travel Medicine, Travel Medicine News and the Website
- The Research and Awards Committee is responsible for granting the Travel Awards to CISTM Presenters and Research Grants
- The Special Recognitions Committee is responsible for oversight of the ISTM Fellows Program and other Society recognition programs and awards.
ISTM Professional Groups are self-organized groups of 50 or more non-physician members with a common professional degree. ISTM Professional Groups also share information of interest, produce educational materials, have special gatherings during ISTM meetings, and promote the communication of professionals in travel medicine around the world.
ISTM Interest Groups are self-organized groups of 25 or more members with a common professional interest usually pertaining to a single sub-group of travellers or a single issue affecting large groups of travellers. ISTM Interest Groups conduct research, share information, produce educational materials and develop training opportunities.