Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
- Chair, Joseph Torresi, Australia
- Charles Ericsson, United States of America
- Gerard Flaherty, Ireland
- Federico Gobbi, Italy
- Andrea Rossanese, Italy
We are delighted to welcome you to the home page of the new ISTM Older Travellers Group. The world is becoming more globally mobile while life expectancy is steadily climbing to an all-time high.
Older travellers have special considerations and unique challenges that are important to address in preventing travel related illness.
- Foster the development of recommendations for vaccines, medication and general travel health issues for older travellers
- Provide a forum for ISTM Members interested in travel health issues for older travellers
- Advance the science of geriatric travel medicine
- Develop programs and sessions to educate travel medicine practitioners on specific issues regarding older travellers
- Promote the importance of travel-related issues of older travellers to geriatricians, primary care professionals and other non-travel medicine professionals.
If you are interested in joining this group and helping develop the outlined objectives, please login and join.