Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
Travel Medicine Teaching Slides, Introduction to Travel Medicine
The ISTM is pleased to present the expanded and updated November 2011 version of the popular teaching presentation, Introduction to Travel Medicine. The 158-slide PowerPoint Presentation has doubled in size since the 2008 version to include enhanced materials on special needs travelers (children, pregnant women and compromised hosts), and entirely new material on common post-travel syndromes and specific infections.
Authors of the slide set are Erić Caumes, MD, Professor of Infectious and Tropical Diseases at the Hôpital Pitié -Salpê trière in Paris, France and Bradley A. Connor, MD, Director of the New York Center for Travel and Tropical Medicine and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, United States. The slide set was peer-reviewed by key opinion leaders from Australia, France, Germany, Israel, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America, ensuring the international relevance and applicability of the content.
The presentation is suitable for lecturing to both healthcare professionals and lay groups. Slides are grouped by subject area (e.g., Risk Assessment, Vaccines, Malaria, Travelers' Diarrhea, Special Needs Travelers, Post-Travel Syndromes) for easy customization of lectures. Material and teaching points are international in scope, allowing the presenter to elaborate on specific local dosing and availability issues.
The slide set is now available, and all orders must be placed via the ISTM website. The cost is USD 95 for ISTM members in good standing and USD 195 for non-ISTM members. The slides can be downloaded directly from the ISTM website once the order has been placed and the purchase has been confirmed.
Copyright to the PowerPoint point slides contained in the presentation Introduction to Travel Medicine is owned by the International Society of Travel Medicine. Individual purchasers of this slide set are granted a license to use the slides under the following conditions:
- These slides are meant for the individual purchaser's teaching and public speaking activities as a private individual only.
- No part of the slide set may be used by, disseminated by, or posted in print or electronic format by institutions, corporations or other organizations. Licenses for purchase and distribution of multiple copies are negotiable with the ISTM.
- Individual purchasers may not share any part of the slide set with any other individual, contained slides may be projected by that individual only or by an individual that is a direct subordinate or paid employee of the individual purchaser.
- Any or all slides may be shown at a single session.
- Each slide must be projected exactly as it appears in the slide set.
- No slide content may be altered in any way as each slide carries the seal of the ISTM.
- No partial slide content may be extracted from a slide and used in other presentations.
- The ISTM seal must not be removed from any slide, any use of the content must show the seal on every single slide used.
The following are reduced-size, low-resolution samples from the Introduction to Travel Medicine slide set.