Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
Membership & Benefits
The ISTM, with more than 4,000 members in 100 countries, is the largest organisation of professionals dedicated to the advancement of the specialty of travel medicine. Members include physicians, nurses and other health professionals from academia, government and the private sector. ISTM invites all who are interested in travel medicine to join and participate in the advancement of this field.
To renew your membership, click here (login required).
ISTM Members Receive
- Access to the only worldwide network of people working in the field of travel medicine through participating in the private, members-only My ISTM online portal. The My ISTM portal also includes exclusive late-breaking travel and medical alerts important to the travel medicine community.
- Exclusive member discounts from companies accepted in the Member Advantage Program, including offers from:
- Air Ambulance Card
- OUP, [30% discount on the CDC Yellow Book!]
- Shoreland Travax
- Travel Care International
- Listing in the Online Global Travel Clinic Directory (One million visits each year)
- Specialized publications including:
- Journal of Travel Medicine the ISTM peer-reviewed scientific journal
- Travel Medicine News
- The Responsible Traveller
- Bibliographies on focused areas in the practice of travel medicine
- Members' Exclusive Educational Webinars at no fee
- Educational Materials and Handouts, including 7 tips for The Responsible Traveller, 10 tips for Healthy Travel, and ISTM Educational Patient Cases
- Members' Exclusive Webinars at no fee and access to archived webinars
- Eligibility to apply for Research Grants
- The ability to apply for Travel Awards for CISTM Presenters
- Exclusive alerts from and the ability to participate in GeoSentinel as Affilliate Members
- The ability to join ISTM Member Activity Groups and Professional Groups
- Eligibility to serve on ISTM Committees
- The opportunity to contribute to the Mission and Goals of ISTM through the ability to vote and run for the Board of ISTM
- Reduced registration feed for CISTM biennial worldwide congresses, RCISTM biennial regional meetings and ISTM training courses.
- Special discounts applicable to sit for the Certificate of Knowledge Examination and ISTM educational online programs.
Types of Membership
ISTM membership is granted to individuals, and is not transferrable to another person.
(includes all privileges and benefits, unless otherwise noted below)
Doctoral Membership (Physician, DSc, PhD, PharmD)
- 1 Year – USD 175, Convert to Another Currency
- Note: Rate increases to USD 200 on 1 January 2019
- 5 Year – USD 875, Convert to Another Currency
Non-Doctoral Membership (Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician's Assistant, Pharmacist)
- 1 Year – USD 105, Convert to Another Currency
- Note: Rate increases to USD 125 on 1 January 2019
- 5 Year – USD 525, Convert to Another Currency
Associate members reside in a country classified by the World Bank as Low Income or Low-Middle Income. This rate does not apply to Expatriates. The World Bank Classifications can be found here.
Associate Doctoral (Physician, DSc, PhD, PharmD)
- 1 Year – USD 75, Convert to Another Currency
Associate Non-Doctoral (Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistants, Pharmacist)
- 1 Year – USD 40, Convert to Another Currency
Retiree Memberships (All disciplines)
Retiree membership is available for all both doctoral and non-doctoral professionals who are over the age of 65 and fully retired from gainful employment. This membership category includes all privileges and benefits other than a listing in the Online Global Travel Clinic Locator.
Limited Membership: Students/Trainees
Limited membership is available for full-time students in undergraduate or postgraduate training. This membership category includes all privileges and benefits other than a listing in the Online Global Travel Clinic Locator.
- 1 year – USD 105, Convert to Another Currency
Note: Student/Trainee memberships are subject to ISTM approval, are limited to 1-year terms, and may be continued for no more than 5 years. Student/Trainee members must complete and submit a Training Certification with their membership or renewal application. Membership will not be active or renewed until the completed Certification form is received.
Your membership in the ISTM begins on the day you join or renew. You will have immediate online access to the Journal of Travel Medicine, the exclusive MyISTM communities and list serve, as well as many other benefits and entitlements. Membership dues are not pro-rated and cannot be transferred to another individual.