Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
COVID-19 InformationISTM Leadership realizes that many in the travel medicine community are already infected with the COVID-19 virus and others are quarantined. We want to assure you of our concern and empathy and ask that you keep us informed, if you are able to do so, about the way that this huge epidemic is impacting you, your clinical practice and your colleagues. We understand that for many in our community, in addition to advising travelers they are also diagnosing and managing COVID-19 cases at their respective institutions and some are fighting explosive outbreaks. We want to express our support for our dedicated colleagues; we are all in this together.
The ISTM Leadership believes that we can all continue to learn from and support one-another during this critical outbreak, and pledges to continue to provdie information and resources to the travel medicine community.
Online PANDEMIC Course - Prevention AND Emergency Management In COVID-19: an Online Course on Prevention, Clinical Aspects and Management of COVID-19
ISTM is excited to offer this self-guided course as a joint project of the Professional Education Committee (PEC). Hosted on SelfStudy's Precision Educational Platform, the free PANDEMIC course offers a comprehensive review of the world's medical literature on COVID-19.
How is ISTM providing COVID-19 Member and Travel Medicine Community Support?
- WHO COVID-19 Situation
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases ArcGID Online
- Participate in a COVID Post-Exposure Prophylaxis Study: The University of Minnesota has launched a clinical trial to see if the common medication hydroxychloroquine can prevent COVID-19 in those exposed to the virus, either as a healthcare worker or by living in the same house as someone who has COVID-19. They are looking for people who have been exposed within the last 3 days to someone with known COVID-19. Participants from United States of America are eligible to enroll and will receive study medicine shipped overnight. For more information on how to enroll please send an email here.
- Below we have listed links to world-wide government agency resources
- The Journal of Travel Medicine has a collection of timely articles on COVID-19
- On 11 March 2020 ISTM presented a special Online COVID-19 Symposium with an opportunity to hear from experts with real-time, hands-on experience about the outbreak. This recording is available now and FREE for ISTM Members, 70 USD for Non-Members.
- On the MyISTM platform, we host an online member forum with very active and engaged discussions on the Travel Med ListServ
World Wide Government Agency Resources
- World Health Organization
- Australia Government Department of Health
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Hong Kong Department of Health
- Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Macau Health Bureau
- Malaysia Ministry of Health
- UK National Travel Health Network and Centre
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Republic of Korea Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Singapore Ministry of Health
- Taiwan Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Thai Ministry of Public Health