Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
The International Society of Travel Medicine (ISTM) promotes healthy, safe and responsible travel of all people crossing international borders. In cooperation with health care providers, academic centers, travel industry and media, ISTM advocates education, service, surveillance and research in travel medicine. ISTM is focused on illness and injury prevention, diagnostics, and therapeutics, with attention given to the understanding, impact and modification of environmental, behavioural, or host factors on travellers, migrants, and refugees.
ISTM's specific goals are to:
- promote travel health
- develop guidelines for travel medicine practice
- educate health care professionals, public health professionals, and the travel industry
- provide a scientific focus for travel medicine
- stimulate the professional advancement of travel medicine practice
- promote distribution of rapid information exchange related to travel medicine issues
- facilitate international contacts between practitioners of travel medicine
- promote development and evaluation of safe, effective, preventive and curative interventions
- foster research in travel medicine, including the promotion of international collaborative studies
ISTM Vision Statement
The ISTM is a vibrant and inclusive international society committed to ongoing and sustained contributions to the advancement of the practice and science of travel medicine globally.
2017-2019 ISTM Presidential Goals
- To integrate migrant health into the Society
- To promote the use of digital information and communication technology in research and communications
- To continue closing the gap addressing the needs of every traveller, regardless where they come from, and where they are going.